Thursday, October 14, 2010

10 Things I... Part 2

10 Things I Love about My Job:
  • Middle school kids are great.  They think for themselves, but they are at such an impressionable stage of life.  They notice everything!  ("Mrs Robuck, you keep deodorant in your desk drawer?!?")  They're funny, too.  ("Teachers have iPods?" "Yes, we eat, drink and sleep, too." "And fart?")
  • July and August
  • I can say things like, "Because I have the big desk, that's why," and, "Nope, sorry, not giving out autographs today.  Have a seat, please," and, "Nope, you don't get to tell her what to do.  I do.  When you go to college to be a teacher, you can boss kids around, too."
  • It allows me to express my creativity.  For example, https://sites.google.com/a/edtools.psd401.net/mrs-robuck/
  • It lends itself well to being organized.  I love to color code!
  • Winter Break.
  • I go in at 7 and leave at 3.  And I'm home no later than 3:15.  I love my hours.
  • Casual Fridays and Falcon Fridays.  Jeans and hoodie, baby.
  • Back to school shopping never gets old.  Love the new clothes, new pencils, new binders.  All of it.
  • The view.

    1 comment: