So often in my life, especially right now, I forget the amazing blessings I have. I am so focused on wanting our child and "moving on" with our life. I've been challenged with this thought: Has God created one day with more or less value than another simply because my situation changes? How self-absorbed I've been to think it's really that much about me! I realize this morning that each day is a gift from God. Today, Sunday, October 17, 2010, is indeed a morning when I wake up without a child. But today is as much a gift from God as the morning I will wake up and bring our baby home.
So, here I am with Part 3 of my 10 Things... series, serving to remind myself that today is not a day to take for granted.
10 Things That Make Today a Gift:
- I slept in til 8. I am rested.
- Boone is snuggled on my lap. He has been so good for me these last couple years!
- I woke up next to an amazing husband. He loves me today. I believe he will love me every today for the rest of our lives (to his credit, not my own).
- When we prayed this morning, God listened. He always does, but this morning I didn't doubt it.
- I will talk with my mom today. And since minutes are free on weekends, we can talk a long time.
- My husband is healthy and I am healthy.
- We have the means to enjoy many comforts in our life.
- I have leisure time today to read, bake banana bread, do laundry and watch a little football.
- It is going to be sunny today. Even if it weren't, we don't often need to worry that weather patterns or natural disasters will threaten our safety.
- I am defined by how God sees me, and He loves and forgives me. It doesn't matter that I can't wear eye make up today because of allergies, that I've lost my summer tan, that my clothes aren't "this season," if my jeans feel too snug or if I have a bad hair day. I am not defined by what I look like or what I have.