Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Using Up My Words

So I heard a study that proved men and women have an average number of words they are comfortable using in a day. And guess what? Woman talk more. This statistic proves true in my marriage. I typically have much more to say than Ty in the evenings, though his days are genrally more entertaining. (You know, discussing the theme of Holes is a little less interesting than hearing how Ty had to chase a kid through the woods.)

Anyway, back to the words study. Whenever Ty is not talkative, I ask him if he's used all his words for the day and whenever I feel particularly chatty, I warn him that I have a lot left.

All that said to preface that I have a lot of words left today and this is an experiment: can I use up words by blogging? Be warned: this is an All About Me post.

I love my job. As of recently, however, I am bored with the daily routine. When I mentioned this to Ty his response was, "At least it's taken til May rather than October this year." True that, true that.

I am already looking forward to starting new next year. New beginnings and change inspire me. Big changes like a new job or little ones like daylight savings. The passing of time doesn't bother me. But it really bothers Ty. He has this "thing" about getting old.

Our dog is bi-polar. He will play, play, play with Tank (his pup friend) and all of a sudden, climb into his crate to pout. Sometimes he goes into his crate and then just whines at us from in there.

Summer break is three weeks away from yesterday. Did I mention I love my job?

If I could look like any woman in the world, I'd pick Carrie Underwood. If I could chose a talent, it'd be singing. Oh, and I would want to get over the stage fright thing.

After mentioning to Ty I want to be a runner, I tried. It's just not for me. I'm good walking, rollerblading, or competing. But running, just to run, when no one is chasing me? Nuh-uh.

Back to our dog. He loves me more than he loves Ty and I am secretly glad.

My mom is awesome. She is an amazing wife to my dad, who, let's face it, can be difficult at times. She gives great advice, but always asks permission first or waits til I ask for it. She, with my dad, pray for us every morning. Sometimes she tells me specifically what she prayed for us about and it's always spot on with our need.

I am on a spending fast this month.

I would like to start a new devotional written specifically for women. I will take suggestions! I need to get into God's word on a regular basis but am lacking the drive. I pray for a reminder of how much I need God, but not too strong of a reminder. I would like to fall in love with Him again and really know in my heart that I matter to him.

Our house need some serious landscaping in the back. Retaining wall plus.

Ok, so that was a lot of words. If this experiment works as I hope, when Ty gets home, we will have a balanced conversation. Will comment on it's success later!


4 comments:

  1. I think you DO look like Carrie Underwood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just for women, but I highly recommend Secrets of the Secret Place by Bob Sorge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth Moore - Believing God. This study TRULY changed my life last summer. It is hard work but I love the 5 things the study stressed over and over and we were required to memorize.
    1) God is who He says He is!
    2) God can do what He says He can do!
    3) I am who God says I am!
    4) God can do what He says He can do!
    5) God's word is alive and active in me!

    I hope you're having a good week :)
    -Tana Robbins

    ReplyDelete
  4. About 3/4 of the way through Beth Moore's Believing God at this very moment. I am not a "Beth Moore Groupie" but, having said that, this is a great study. Especially if you seize the opportunity to do the "homework" each day. Fantastic stuff. Also, totally agree with Rachel's recommendation of Secrets of the Secret Place. Good good stuff.
    :)Melissa

    ReplyDelete