Monday, August 9, 2010

Home is Where...

...the heart is. But it's a lot of other things, too.

I've been busy packing up for our move this weekend. We recently took a big risk, one we hope and pray will pay off for us in the long run. We bought a house. Nope, didn't sell our condo. We plan to rent it out and hold onto it as a long-term investment.

Though we're nervous, we are also eager and excited to start a new phase of life in this house. I look forward to not worrying about the music being too loud when I clean or running into neighbors when I take Boone outside in my PJ's. For that matter, I look forward to NOT taking Boone out...the yard is fenced. I am excited to host bar-b-q's, host my family for holidays (yes - family - you know who you are!), re-decorate, cook on new appliances and the use the almost-new front loading washer and dryer. I'm excited to plan the landscaping. But mostly, I look forward to raising our family in this house.

I've digressed. Today I just want to record a few fond memories in this condo, in no particular order. It's been our home - where the heart is - for nearly four years and we have much to hang onto from our time here. I want to remember...

...Mom's many visits.
...bringing Boone home.
...learning to garden and discovering that I love it.
...Mom and Dad's visit together in August 2007.
...Ty's 30th birthday/Admin grad party and many other parties.
...Ty's cousin living with us.
...the first Thanksgiving meal I was responsible for hosting.
...the phone call telling us about the passing of Ty's father.
...walks, chats, and pool dates with my new friend who lives just down the road.
...popcorn, candy, and snuggling with Ty to watch movies.
...the hot tub.
...painting - once, twice, three times or more - decorating, putting in flooring.
...Tuesday and Thursday nights watching seasons of shows while Ty was in school.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again you two! Love reading your updates! Where's the new house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you as neighbors more than you know!

    ReplyDelete